The Avengers is still plodding along, leaving Battleship in its wake. It looks like this won’t be the summer of Taylor Kitsch after all. First john Carter fizzled and Battleship and Universal poorly underestimated the staying power of The Avengers.
Meanwhile The Dictator is limping through the weekend and and is only expected to bring a five day cume of $23m. The ensemble of has beens, ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting’ delivered a runt $4.4m on Friday and projects to gross only $12m despite the wide 3,021 theaters release.
We are still waiting for the summer surprise, but over the last couple of months only the sure fire hits, “The Hunger Games” and The Avengers” have set records.
1. Marvel’s The Avengers (Disney) Week 3 [4,349 Runs] PG13
Friday $15.5M, Weekend $52.5M, Cume $454.5M
2. Battleship (Universal) NEW [3,690 Runs] PG13
Friday $9.5M, Weekend $26M
3. The Dictator (Paramount) NEW-Wed [3,008 Runs] R
Friday $5.5M, Weekend $16.0M, Cume $23.0M
4. What To Expect When You’re Expecting (Lionsgate) NEW [3,021 Runs] PG13
Friday $4.4M, Weekend $12.0M
5. Dark Shadows (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,755 Runs] PG13
Friday $3.7M (-61%), Weekend $11.5M, Cume $49.6M
6. The Hunger Games (Lionsgate) Week 9 [2,064 Runs]
Friday $850K, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $391.0M
7. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Fox Searchlight) Week 3 [354 Runs] PG13
Friday $800K, Weekend $3M, Cume $8.7M
8. Think Like A Man (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 5 [1,722 Runs] PG13
Friday $800K, Weekend $2.4M, Cume $85.6M
9. The Lucky One (Warner Bros) Week 5 [2,055 Runs] PG13
Friday $650K, Weekend $1.8M, Cume $57.0M
10. Pirates! Band Of Misfits (Aardman/Sony) Week 4 [1,840 Runs] PG
Friday $450K, Weekend $1.4M, Cume $25.7M
How Total Recall Blitz Turned Me Off Colin Farrell I love Colin Farrell. I really do. He's a fantas...
A Legal Minute: From "Nipplegate" to "Nude Awakening" I’m not sure if you remember February 1, 2004...
A Legal Minute: Scientolowhat? A legal Discussion of the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes Divorce and Custody...
A Legal Minute: Christopher Nolan, CAA, WME Legal Case EDITORIAL A Legal Minute: A little bit of t...