Earlier this week we got some great Aaron Sorkin News. Today the story got even better. “Woz” is in.
New Yorker Aaron Sorkin, the man who write created The West Wing and wrote A Few Good Men, The Social Network and Moneyball among others, has been hired by Sony Pictures to adapt the great Steve Jobs biography written by Walter Isaacson.
The book went on to be a best seller and having read it, I can truly say I know a lot more about the man and myth I respect so much.
Let me be the first to say sorry Ashton Kutcher, your Steve Jobs project just lost all its steam because not only will Arron Sorkin have the rights to the quintessential Biography, Sony has also hired Steve “Woz” Wozniak to help with the adaptation. Woz will act as a “Tutor” of sorts for the oscar winning screenplay writer.
With Woz on board you can only image all the other private access Arron Sorkin will amass through out the course of this important project.
According to IFC.com, during the press conference, Sorkin said that he’ll be looking for an element of tension or obstacle in Jobs’ life to hinge the movie around. He promised that the movie won’t be a straight biopic, just like “The Social Network” wasn’t just a straight retelling of Mark Zuckerberg’s life story.
Aaron Sorkin went on to say,“I know so little about what I am going to write. I know what I am not going to write. It can’t be a straight ahead biography because it’s very difficult to shake the cradle-to-grave structure of a biography.” I guess that’s why Sony hired Wozniak.
I know many of you are rolling your eye right about now. Dismissing the reality of film adaptation drama. There is a reason it says, based on a true story during the title cards. No biography can be exact. After all Steve Jobs didn’t walk around with a tape recorder glued to his chest for thirty years. But like The Social network, I believe the essence of the story will be there and now he has Steve Wozniak to guarantee it. Personally, I can’t wait. And with Kutcher already playing a version of Mr. Jobs, I wonder who will play Sorkin’s Steve Jobs?
Aaron Sorkin Filmography
- A Few Good Men (1992)
- Malice (with Scott Frank) (1993)
- The American President (1995)
- The Rock (1996) (uncredited)
- Bulworth (1998) (uncredited)
- Sports Night (1998–2000) (TV) (Creator/Executive Producer)
- The West Wing (1999-2006) (TV) (Creator/Executive Producer)
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (2006-2007) (TV) (Creator/Executive Producer)
- Charlie Wilson’s War (based on the book by George Crile) (2007)
- The Social Network (based on the book The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich) (2010)
- Moneyball (with Steven Zaillian from a story by Stan Chervin, based on the book by Michael Lewis) (2011)
- The Newsroom (2012) (TV)
- Follies (based on the musical by Stephen Sondheim and book by James Goldman) (2012)
Under The Dome 2x12 Turn Promo and Synopsis Here's the new promo for the next episode of Un...
Arrow 2x22 Streets Of Fire First Look Pics Here are the official Promotional Pictures from t...
Reign 1x20 Higher Ground Clip Tonight on Reign 1x20 Higher Ground watch Queen Catherine conf...
The Walking Dead Chandler Riggs Comic Con Interview This is an interview of Chandler Riggs w...